Sunday, August 30, 2009

I hope I’m not the only one who finds it ironic that we are blogging about blogging. The experience is indeed new to me, despite being an avid user of the internet, so I was a little skeptical when approaching this assignment. I was honestly not really aware of what a blog was, the purpose of one, or how one went about creating one.
My adventure started out just about the same as any other online setup: enter your email, set up a password, and so on. That part was simple, except for that one security part where you have to read those distorted letter and numbers, but I managed to decipher the code. Then came the tricky part; making the blog personal. I have always had problems with choosing usernames, URL’s, or anything of the sort because I think about the meaning behind everything, and think I have to have the ‘perfect’ name or title. So it sure didn’t help when that part of the setup described the step as being a title that would appear on the dashboard, which made my decision that much harder because I didn’t know what a dashboard was, therefore, I didn’t know how personal to make it. I did like how the blogger had the option of what background to use for the blog. I’m a creative and artsy person, so this was a nice little touch. I also think that the idea of a blog is similar to that of a note on facebook or a bulletin on myspace.
For me, writing a blog could be compared to writing because it is basically a post about your opinion, and I find the most enjoyable papers for me to write are the ones where I can openly and freely discuss my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment