After looking skimming through all of my blog posts from the first half of the semester, I found it very suiting to make this blog a revision about my very first blog post I wrote. This blog was about our reaction to the assignment and what we thought of the blogging experience. I chose this blog because I feel as if my view on blogging has changed and I am able to have more of an input now on the blogging experience as a whole being more experienced.
In my first blog, most of the details I mentioned had to do with the ‘physical’ or ‘technical’, I guess you could say, aspects of blogging. I discussed the different issues I had with learning how to simply set up the blog, and the different decisions I had to make when it came to appearance. In this blog I seemed to stress that appearance was important and really focused on what others would think about me and what others would view me as depending on the physical appearance of my blog. I remember thinking that I wanted to seem interesting; therefore, I chose polka dots as my background and came up with a ‘cute’ little title. (This seems ironic to me, considering the discussion we had today on the blog post about America and ‘cute’ things...) However, after looking at all the blogs I have read in this class, I notice that I in fact do not notice the appearance of other blogs. I simply focus on their content. I believe this has to do with the growing understanding I have of blogs now, and the appreciation I have now for their different ideas and opinions, rather than their creative side.
Also, going along with my first blog, I still agree that blogs are a way to express your opinions, but I see now that there is so much more to blogs than just opinions. Through the course of this class, I see that actually useful information can be presented in a blog, and through different techniques, such as linking or forwarding, we are able to find other means of information, making blogs a very useful resource.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment