Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Internet Activity

These are the site I visited from Sept. 4th to Sept 7th.

Of course: University of Louisville
Blackboard
Ulink
Email
I kept up to date with my classes; used the online study guides, completed an essay for my Honors Modes class using the Library Resource page and guidelines found on Blackboard. I used the Ulink page to review over my fees. I also regularly (3-4 times a day) check my UofL student mail account. I sent mail to different students involving something I am involved with on campus. I also sent an email to one of my professors about a form I needed her to complete for me.

Yahoo Mail
I don't check this very often. I don't get any useful mail on this account. I checked it once this weekend, only to find that a book I had ordered last week was finally being shipped.

Blogger
I keep reading about Carrotspeak. She is interesting, or at least to me. I finally posted a comment on someone's blog, (I kept forgetting). I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site, so I don't spend much time reading anything as of yet; most of my time is spent exploring.

Facebook
Every college student's addiction. I check this when I am bored and am in 'procrastination mode'. I mostly went to my aunt's page on Friday and Saturday because we were trying to figure out where we would meet on Saturday so I could give her the football tickets I had to pick up for her. I visited my boyfriend's page, which still has not been visited by him in a few weeks. I visited a few friend's pages that I have not seen in a while. I left my boyfriend's neice a comment. She thinks the world of me, and I knew it would make her day to have a comment from me. I was in a good mood.

Myspace
I also check this, like facebook, when I am bored. I had a new message from my boyfriend, Jordan... I guess it was about time I told you his name. Put me in a good mood. I wrote him back, and left a comment, like every other day. Then I visited my friend Sarah's page. She goes to the University of Tennessee, so I looked at her pictures and commented on one of her dorm room. I also visited my little brother's page. I go to his page when I'm a little homesick; I oddly enough don't go to his page often, if you would believe it. Nothing new going on with him, and that isn't odd at all.

Scott Kay
This is a jewelry site. I looked at rings, yes, engagement rings. Not for any particular reason, I just like looking at engagement rings. If you are interested at all, I find that I lean toward the princess cut white gold rings.

U.S. Bank
I thought someone had used my debit card, I was ready to call the police. So I logged onto my online account and after about half an hour of staring at the screen about to cry, I realized that I had used the card to buy football tickets. I felt dumb.

Ask Jeeves
I had to ask Jeeves about the HDMI cable that is used with TVs and DVD players. I have been unable to find a connection between my TV and DVD player using the HDMI cable, so I turned to the internet for answers. After many more failed attempts, I gave in, went to Wal-Mart and bought the standard cable, you know, the one with the red, white, and yellow ends.

Lupus Foundation
I have lupus, so I try to visit this site often. It offers support and comfort when I am having a difficult day or having a flare up. I didn't feel very well Saturday because I was nervous about performing at the game that night. I read about how another person with lupus deals with stress and nerves.

YouTube
I just wanted to listen to a song. I don't typically use YouTube to view videos or anything, just to have some background music when I'm doing something else. I wanted to play this one specific song for Jordan.

Pandora
I use this site to listen to music that I like. If you are unfamiliar with this site, you start out by naming a song or artist that you want to hear, and then the site selects music based on similar aspects of that song. I like this site because I am able to experience new music that is similar to my taste. I still have control of whether or not a certain song or certain type of music is played just by selecting a button that indicates if I like the song that is being played.

XM Radio
I usually log into my XM account when I am working online because I like to have background music. I know what channels I like and have presets of channels I like. I know whay type of music is going to be played, so I listen to certain stations depending on my mood and what I am doing. I mainly listened to channel 20, which is XM 20 on 20, a channel playing the listener voted top 20 songs of that hour. I listen to this channel when I just surfing the web or want more modern music.

1 comment:

  1. I think your post captures some of the many different ways people interact with the internet, especially as a means of connecting with other people. For example, people use Facebook for all kinds of reasons. You use Facebook to make your boyfriend's niece happy. I like that.

    ReplyDelete