So, blackboard is down, and I have no way of obtaining the prompt for this blog. I just remember reading over it earlier today and having a few ideas. Maybe if I was a better student and made a hard copy of all the ‘important stuff’ I wouldn’t find myself in this situation. Blackboard isn’t supposed to be up and running till 10 am on Sunday, if it even works then, so here goes my blog about what I THINK IT SHOULD BE ABOUT!!!
Comparing the Huffington Post and Hot Air, my 2 blogs of choice, to The New York Times. I guess the most basic comparison we can make between these 3 different sources of information is just that… they all are capable of supplying a group or person with information about something. Each person, depending on their interests and purpose in reading the source, go to the site or pick up the paper (or go to the paper’s site, haha) to acquire information. Which brings me to another way to compare these 3 sources, the type of media used to get their stuff out there
Being that the Huffington Post and Hot Air are blogs, the only way to view their material is through the internet. Although the New York Times was primarily a print based source of news, through the use of internet and technology, this news is now more easily accessible to viewers all over the world thanks to the internet and the creation of the New York Time’s website.
Also, the information that each source displays and the content of the pages differ through all 3. While the New York Times covers most topics on a wide variety of things, the Huffington Post and Hot Air are more specific with their news and broadcasts over the blogs. All 3 sources have something to do with politics and issues of the such, however, Huffington Post has information relating to celebrities, comedy, books, and even specific cities in America.
I am glad that I chose the blogs I did and also have the opportunity to read the New York Times. I think that each will enhance the others in some way or another and I should be able to have a variety of knowledge that I obtain through the different sources.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice job in guessing the prompt! I like your point # 3, I hadn't thought of that way of looking at my blogs vs. the Times.
ReplyDelete