There are many different ways that I obtain news and information about what is going on in the world around me. I use these different ways depending on where I am and the different circumstances or situations of which I am in.
Before coming to college, I would regularly watch the local news, WYMT, or read the newspaper for my town, The Appalachian News Express. These were sources that reported mainly about what was going on within my county, along with about seven or eight surrounding counties, and also big or important stories throughout the state, nation, and world that were considered ‘important’ enough to be mentioned.
Now that I am in college, and now that I am 4 hours away from home, I am unable to receive the broadcast for the news program on the television, however, I do occasionally sit down every now and then and skim through their website just to ‘catch up’ on things. Just the same as I do with the newspaper’s website… Although I do get aggravated that their sites are not always up to date, but that is besides the point…
I watch the news broadcasts for Louisville in the morning before class trying to not be so clueless about my new home, but I will admit that the only real stories or information that interest me are the ones involving weather, and for the most part the weathermen are never correct, leaving me wearing snow boots and mittens on a bright, sunny, WARM day.
Another source where I obtain some type of information regarding news that generally has nothing to do with my location is the radio. I usually listen to the satellite radio news stations to hear information and news about major cities such as New York or Chicago along with international news. I will switch over to AM/FM when I want to hear news more localized, such as weather or traffic reports.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment