Thursday, October 29, 2009

3 minutes left... so this was all about evolving.?.

Yelp, evolution and evolving. The world of blogging as discussed in Sullivan’s article, and that little sphere of Jarvis is all about how something has evolved and changed and fits into the world today.
When a blogger blogs about what is happening in the world, they have to be getting their information from somewhere, right? So it is like what Jarvis is saying about the influence of other things on our news in his sphere. We have the media who portray the information to us in one way, then when that information is blogged about, subtle changes in the information can make slight variations in the factuality and validity of it. Which after being read by fellow bloggers, can provoke even more change after they decide to blog about it, or talk about it… you see where I am going with this?
Today we are people who rely on many sources to obtain news and information, whether from friends, family, newspapers, TV, internet, or some other way, we are always capable of finding new information about something. In Jarvis’ little sphere, (sorry I refer to his work as ‘little’, it just personally adds some humor), he is trying to show how the way we used to be and the way we are now with news has changed drastically as far as how we become aware of things. It used to be just straightforward ‘here is the new’. Now, however, it is not so straightforward. We instead have all this extra stuff that can be added in there through different means, such as blogging.
I can definitely relate to the little sphere. I am not one to rely solely on any one news broadcast to obtain knowledge about the world… not saying that that source would be completely factual and have no opinions lying within it anyhow. It is simply entertaining to have other means of gaining information, and makes it interesting to view things from other’s opinions. I like being able to have different choices.

2 comments:

  1. I agree regarding the benefits of obtaining news from multiple sources. I think this unit has really made me appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I never really payed attention to what other sources I used until this class. I never realized how the various opinons and views helped to develop my thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete