After reading through a few blogs of my classmates, I realized that I had forgotten a few different sources of which I obtained information and kept ‘in the know’ with the world. But lucky for me I can mention those in this blog because those other sources are similar to those of others as well.
Like in Megan Floyd’s blog, English 105-07 (http://meaganfloyd.blogspot.com/), she mentioned how she watched CNN and for 3 weeks it had nothing but Michael Jackson’s death coverage. I remember how I also would skim through the channels and notice that ‘Michael Jackson’ was always headlined at the bottom on the screen. I will admit that for a while, maybe a few days, I may have actually been interested in the loss of the pop star. I wanted to know how he died, if anyone was really connected to his death, and just other information you desire when hearing of an unexpected death. However, I quickly grew sick of hearing about Mr. Jackson. So I can agree with Megan as she questions why more important news isn’t being focused on more. I remembered why I just recently stopped watching CNN regularly.
Another comparison I found between my classmates news obtaining sources and mine was in Jessica’s blog, Jessica’s Blog for English 105 (http://ranaesdayenglish105.blogspot.com/), when she describes how her boyfriend talks about things he learned from Comedy Central. I also come across new information from the people that I am around when they talk about topics or headlines in the news that I may not be aware of. This usually, if important enough, sparks an interest and leads to me to further investigate by searching for the stories online.
However, as also found in Jessica’s blog, I noticed a difference within the type of places considered to find information. Her boyfriend uses Comedy Central to learn about things in the news, and this I would honestly never have thought of. I did not realize that such a place would have the purpose of supplying people with information like that.
I’m looking forward to reading more blogs by my classmates and learning of other resources for obtaining information about the world around me. I sure need new sources other than my usually boring coverage by the local broadcasts.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you concerning Michael Jackson's death. Most of the people I know were tired of hearing about his death after the fourth day of constant reports on the subject.
ReplyDelete